Miracle of LA's Totally Awesome Oxygen Orange

This ad disappears when logged in

Boris

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
Thanks to a tip from member Todd Graham, I recently started soaking all my grease caked parts in this product. Sorry, no before shot, but results show what an overnight bath will do for caked on grease. This hub was really caked too. After the bath, I just brushed with my girlfriends toothbrush and wiped it off. Bearing retainers still require special attention but the grease was softened up enough to clean with the aforementioned toothbrush. Beyond that, this product is non-toxic and I have no qualms about immersing my hands in it. Not to mention that it was only $1 at the Dollar Store. Once the crud is filtered out it can be used over and over again.
I got the same results with the chain from this bike. After an overnight LA Totally Awesome Orange bath, some rust remained, so a 1/2 hour soak in a hot Citric Acid bath was required, then brushed clean with a wire brush. No residue as with Oxalic Acid, and again, non-toxic. Citric Acid may affect blueing, but all blueing was gone from this chain prior, so no remorse there.
Conclusion: After years of feeling guilty about some of the products that I've been using, for the type of work that I do, I feel that I'm on my way to a relatively environmentally-friendly workshop.

IMG_4765.JPG

Last edited:

Jeff54

I live for the CABE
Sep 11, 2013
Ft Myers, Florida
That's all well and good but, WTF! you didn't put your girlfriend's toothbrush back!

bricycle

Nov 18, 2009
Chicago area west
Boris, thanks for the passed on tip, you rock! (don't tell Vince)

bairdco

I live for the CABE
Dec 24, 2009
Midway
Good to hear at least one of their products works. I've bought the dishwashing liquid before and it barely makes suds, and you need half a bottle just to get the week-old spaghetti off that pan you left in the refrigerator.

I've bought the laundry soap before, too, and even though I got the orange citrus bottle, it was filled with old lady flower perfume flavor, instead.

AWESOME!

ricobike

Finally riding a big boys bike
Apr 8, 2014
Evanston, United States
We have the 64oz refill bottles in the dollar stores here....twice as much for the price!

Boris

Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
Can't beat that price. Very good tip! Todd (post #1) mentioned that, but my store didn't have the 64oz refill bottle. Next time I'll check another Dollar Store. Since I'm reusing what I have, this bottle seems like it will last a good long while though.

Last edited:

vincev

Nov 2, 2008
crown point<indiana
Can't beat that price. Very good tip! Todd (post #1) mentioned that, but my store didn't have the 64oz refill bottle. Next time I'll check another Dollar Store. Since I'm reusing what I have, this bottle seems like it will last a good long while though.
Cheapskate. Do you filter out the grease from the used solvent ??

Boris

Feb 16, 2008
Portland, OR 97206
Do you use that skimmed grease to pack your bearings?
Getting a bit personal, aren't we? But if you must know, for packing my bearings I use fresh KY Jelly. Skimmed grease stains my underwear.

vincev

Nov 2, 2008
crown point<indiana
I wont comment and derail this thread. Dang,it is your thread so who cares if it is derailed

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture