When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracle of LA's Totally Awesome Oxygen Orange

-

Boris

Old fat tired rider
Thanks to a tip from member Todd Graham, I recently started soaking all my grease caked parts in this product. Sorry, no before shot, but results show what an overnight bath will do for caked on grease. This hub was really caked too. After the bath, I just brushed with my girlfriends toothbrush and wiped it off. Bearing retainers still require special attention but the grease was softened up enough to clean with the aforementioned toothbrush. Beyond that, this product is non-toxic and I have no qualms about immersing my hands in it. Not to mention that it was only $1 at the Dollar Store. Once the crud is filtered out it can be used over and over again.
I got the same results with the chain from this bike. After an overnight LA Totally Awesome Orange bath, some rust remained, so a 1/2 hour soak in a hot Citric Acid bath was required, then brushed clean with a wire brush. No residue as with Oxalic Acid, and again, non-toxic. Citric Acid may affect blueing, but all blueing was gone from this chain prior, so no remorse there.
Conclusion: After years of feeling guilty about some of the products that I've been using, for the type of work that I do, I feel that I'm on my way to a relatively environmentally-friendly workshop.

IMG_4765.JPG

Last edited:
Back