When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Misc truss fork brackets

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

spomalley86

I live for the CABE
These truss fork brackets were found in a box amongst other prewar parts, I'm not sure what bike they are from, to my knowledge I have always thought these were built in the fork. Any information would be greatly appreciated. These too are for sale. Thanks again for help and expertise.
Sean

Pics...

20181008_131814.jpg

20181008_131808.jpg

20181008_131757.jpg

The two similar brackets would bolt under the fork crown; they would be used for separate detachable truss rods, not brazed in place, of the straight style, perhaps with a slight bend, (but no waterfall). They are narrow enough for use with 28" x 1.5" tire/wheel/fork set-up. I believe that they were not re-designed for 26" x 2.125" balloon tires, etc., (they fit loosely on those forks). Many manufacturers could nave used them, to convert almost any fork into the truss fork configuration. There is also a version (below) without closed holes for the rod, allowing more freedom to move while assembling and disassembling.
truss bracket.jpg

The piece with 2 holes would be used with arch, hairpin, or yoke style truss rods, (two rods joining into one). Common examples would be Westfield, Excelsior, Great Western, Iver Johnson. Note that the piece would be fastened under the headset top nut, (taking-up a few threads).

Last edited:
Back