When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Misleading Sold Tag

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
So another one goes into the Archive as sold but that's not the case, it was not sold. The seller just marked it sold again to avoid any more feedback on the updated price. She had this listed here for years @ $2000 and then today it was marked sold. Then she immediately reposted the bike for sale again today for $3000. Now it's marked sold again and in the Archives as sold. 😱 From what I just witnessed, a poster can pull their listing out of the Archive and repost it for sale again.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quote:
1957 Original Untouched Schwinn Hornet/Spitfire 2 speed $3000 obo

Garage kept. All original and untouched. Rare Bendix 2 Speed Aviation Shifter. Bike is a good rider. serial number clearly shown in
pictures. I am the 2nd owner of this bike. Nice example of an original unrestored Schwinn. No rust. Nice chrome!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

False assumptions. BFG badge but not the BFG chain guard decal? The bike is not a Spitfire. Pedals are 1966+ bows. Stem has been upgraded with a forged piece. The Spit and Hornet was never offered in a 2-speed. Seat is off something else. That's just for starters on the bold claim about this being untouched and all original. Sorry, I couldn't contain myself, this is not Facebook Marketplace.

Last edited:
Thought was rather odd also! That’s the one that had nasty grips and no way in heck any one paid that!

Throw in a "bull sh1t" label. Just to remind us of what's happening when people put up some middleweight for $4 grand. You see it on the 'bay plenty. But people here are usually better. Those that bring ebay behaviors here... give them a nice steaming pile of BS label. Sort of like Deal No Deal, people bid frantically on some items for several days and then "ND" at the end or the item gets bagged and Withdrawn because suddenly the money ain't up to snuff and the seller takes a powder. BS label should be tacked on to the Withdrawn label. If you knew what you wanted, just say so... don't waste people's time. And don't BS condition. "It's brand new, unused stock", but then looks like someone took a belt sander under the paint or plating. Don't play that, or else get a fresh pile of BS label.

Hmmmmm? Well? Hmmmmm? How about some people mark their years of same items for sale bumped and bumped and bumped again sold? No Old ! 👴🏻 Hahahaha Waiting for some new suckers to join ? 🍭👶🏻 🤓😆

Hmmmmm? Well? Hmmmmm? How about some people mark their years of same items for sale bumped and bumped and bumped again sold? No Old ! 👴🏻 Hahahaha Waiting for some new suckers to join ? 🍭👶🏻 🤓😆
Thevl I must be berserk I totally understand your writing on your post dude …. Lmao having fun …been awhile hope your still cool

Back