When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miss america question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kccomet

I live for the CABE
didn't all these bikes come with the shroud and twin lights. posted this on another forum talking about the missing parts, and a couple names I recognized chimed in saying the earlier or later ones came without the shroud and lights. I doubt this, what say ye. I know it's missing the tank and the chainrings wrong, it still has a cool kind of naked look. I believe the finned hubs are right.... thanks for any info or input

20230329_172224.jpg

20230329_172330.jpg

20230329_172316.jpg

20230329_172149.jpg

It should have the more standard type shroud. I believe the single fender light it correct. @Freqman1 may want to chime in as I remember him having one so equipped.

dsc_0008-copy-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
The Murray built bikes that originally came with a shroud had some pretty rough welds that weren't blocked/sanded down. If it has a rough visible seam, I'd definitely say it needs a shroud. If it's smooth, I'm not sure. They did make some lower models that didn't have a shroud or a badge and just had pinstripes badging.

The Murray built bikes that originally came with a shroud had some pretty rough welds that weren't blocked/sanded down. If it has a rough visible seam, I'd definitely say it needs a shroud. If it's smooth, I'm not sure. They did make some lower models that didn't have a shroud or a badge and just had pinstripes badging.
The painted on badges/pins I've seen are wartime bikes. If there are rough welds and no badge holes, most likely it would have had a shroud.

it has a smooth head tube, no badge holes. It would at least have to have a shroud, as it sits there's no markings to identify it as an elgin or anything else. i think some of the skirt guards are embossed elgin

Back