When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missing Memory Lane this week? Me too.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I started going back there in 1989, to the Bill Feasel meet, the Saturday stop at Memory Lane in Perrysburg, then the trek north to Ann Arbor. After the Feasel/ Findley meet ended, Memory Lane took over the Thursday-Saturday part, then on up to Ann Arbor.
The Perrysburg location and meet was legendary in it's own right.
Everybody stayed at the Hindu Hilton, a block away, and not a lot of sleep took place.
When Memory Lane moved to Grand Rapids, the size and attendance really took off.
You could always count on rain and some years worst than others, but that was part of the charm of the meet.
When it rained, you would go inside and browse around inside Memory Lane and socialize for hours.
The spring Memory Lane meet was a relaxed/friendly "old comfy sweater" type of function.
Ann Arbor is the "keep moving like sharks" meet, fast and furious or you miss out.
The spring Memory Lane meet will be hard to replace and was epic for the time and the people who attended it.

I started going back there in 1989, to the Bill Feasel meet, the Saturday stop at Memory Lane in Perrysburg, then the trek north to Ann Arbor. After the Feasel/ Findley meet ended, Memory Lane took over the Thursday-Saturday part, then on up to Ann Arbor.
The Perrysburg location and meet was legendary in it's own right.
Everybody stayed at the Hindu Hilton, a block away, and not a lot of sleep took place.
When Memory Lane moved to Grand Rapids, the size and attendance really took off.
You could always count on rain and some years worst than others, but that was part of the charm of the meet.
When it rained, you would go inside and browse around inside Memory Lane and socialize for hours.
The spring Memory Lane meet was a relaxed/friendly "old comfy sweater" type of function.
Ann Arbor is the "keep moving like sharks" meet, fast and furious or you miss out.
The spring Memory Lane meet will be hard to replace and was epic for the time and the people who attended it.

Don't forget snow! I've seen it snow at more than one Memory Lane meet.

It was a long trip from Washington state, but I'm glad I got to experience it. Thanks for the pictures, looks so different without the swap meet spaces and the beehive of activity surrounding it. It's fun to meet the people you deal with here in person and tossing back a few cold ones, buying and selling bikes and parts without mailing them, and talking bikes.

Almost sure it is a printing facility now. The guy who bought it owns the green roofed building you could see from the parking lot and needed more room. A very nice man who really enjoyed seeing how passionate we all were. Don't know if we converted him but he enjoyed looking in.

I’ll miss the early morning drive...
94ecb6e9a1df1450f7598a4da48428d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt! I automatically woke up around 4:30 am Thursday ready to roll out of bed and hit the road. Always found some great stuff and really enjoyed seeing old friends and making new ones.

BA

Back