When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Model T of antique bikes?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Balloonoob

I live for the CABE
What would be considered the model t or Mustang of turn of the century bicycles? I'm guessing it would wear a Columbia badge? Just wondering if, as with cars, there are models with higher production numbers that can be had at a lower cost than others. Perhaps a more standard model without the bells and whistles.

I guess I should clarify I'm not talking high wheels. I have seen the phrase "standard of the world". Was the "standard" a model name? Was chain drive or gear driven toc bikes more common? Which are typically more reliable? I know.... So many questions.... Haha.

To answer part of your question how many shaft drive bicycles do you see around? V/r Shawn
That's a great question. I have seen none in the Denver area. Here are the oldest 2 i have seen. A truss frame iver Johnson owned by a bada$$ and somewhat lucky dude named Tony and an old hawthorne owned by an even cooler and older dude named Blu. And well.. A 1919? Truss frame bike owned by Eric which i don't have a picture of but is chain driven . So shaft drive equals rare.... Noted.

20190217_124755.jpg

20191215_103845.jpg

20190217_124759.jpg

There’s just too much diversity in bike brands from the Toc to make a clear analogy to car brands. It’d be like asking what sneaker is the model t of sneakers, it’s completely apples and oranges

Back