When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Model T10-26" Ladyback Tandem

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

superdave

On Training Wheels
Merry Christmas To All

Local flea market find.

Need to know if it is a mutt or original bike.

All bearings marked Schwinn and were good just needed cleaning up. My questions:

*Seats correct ?
*Do I have the rear reflector on upside down?
*The serial number is w/o a letter prefix is it miss stamped or did some not have alpha numeric prefix?
*Was this model made in 1963 only?

Any information would be helpful.

IMG_7187_zpsbgiab6rc-1.jpg

IMG_7188_zpsdwsk3p3w-1.jpg

IMG_7191_zps6by0iais-1.jpg

IMG_7197_zpsdqmw8itd-1.jpg

IMG_7198_zpswt6wf307-1.jpg

Merry Christmas To All

Local flea market find.

Need to know if it is a mutt or original bike.

All bearings marked Schwinn and were good just needed cleaning up. My questions:

*Seats correct ?
*Do I have the rear reflector on upside down?
*The serial number is w/o a letter prefix is it miss stamped or did some not have alpha numeric prefix?
*Was this model made in 1963 only?

Any information would be helpful.

Dave:

Front seat NOT Schwinn [even if perhaps same seat manufacture] It's been replaced; You need one that matches your rear seat... it's correct.

Reflector is on correctly.

[Will NOT comment on seriual numbers].

Model T10 was a one year only frame 1963; [the TOP or 'boy-bar' dis-appears the next year, and, Model becomes T11]. I have to correct: This T10 was listed in 1963 & 1964.

Your T10 chain-guard had a decal: Schwinn [star] 'Bicycle built for two'; the 1964 T11 had a decal: Schwinn [star] TWINN. [based on catalog photos... and my T11 Twinn's].

*** Your pedals are later vintage. My 1964 T11 has 'grill' pattern pedals [OG] without reflectors; and, my 1972 T11 has reflectors [OG]/

Hope this helps; Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
thanks form the new guy

Jaunitasmith13

Correct seat and pedals it is will probably drive me nuts if I don't so,

Should the seats have the metal Schwinn tag on the back?

Are they sewn fabric or vinyl?

Are the seats matching or is one a male and one a female seat if so how do you tell the difference.

Are pedals marked "OG" ?

Any pictures would hate to spent money on the wrong parts.

Thanks

The seats originally would be a match pair.no differences between them.made of vinyl and most have the metal Schwinn approved tag.OG reference means original.the pedals you need are a waffle pattern with a crossbar and Schwinn stamped in the crossbar and stars around the end caps.the pic is of similar pedals.no guaranty these are 100% correct,but the closest pic I have.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
The seats originally would be a match pair.no differences between them.made of vinyl and most have the metal Schwinn approved tag.OG reference means original.the pedals you need are a waffle pattern with a crossbar and Schwinn stamped in the crossbar and stars around the end caps.the pic is of similar pedals.no guaranty these are 100% correct,but the closest pic I have.

Dave:

Island Schwinn has given you good advise and a photo of the exact pedals that are on my 1964 T-11. I really believe that the only differences in your T-10 and my 1964 T-11 are the chain guard decal, the top bar, and the shade of blue paint.

The only thing I can add about pedals: the rubber blocks are 4" in length for your application... the pedals in the photo are perfect; but, do come in different sizes... I can't tell the size of those in photo.

Your rear seat should be [appears to be] the original seat... although I can not see the back of it in photos. Attaching a photo of the seats from my 1964 T-11. Under the 'Schwinn' tag is the seat manufacturer's stamp... these are messinger seats/Schwinn approved. If you desire photos from other angles, just PM me and I will help.

I'm thinking front seat and pedals [what tires is she wearing?] are the only things I detect from photos that are not from the factory.

T-11 seats.jpg

You might want to check out your non drive chain. In the pictures it looks like it's stretched/worn a wee bit, tensioner is high and the top of the chain is sagging pretty good.

Thanks to all. Are parts available? My computer is down and this phone is to small for my use. I shall return in about a week

The model T10 was called the "Bicycle Built for Two" and was only produced in '63 and '64. The chain guard logos were the same for both years.

1963dlr_Bike_for_two-1.jpg

1964dlr_Bike_for_two-1.jpg

The Twinn was a "double lady" and was introduced in '64 as a different model T-11.

1964dlr_Twinn-1.jpg

The T14 Twinn Sport 10-speed used essentially the same "lady-back" frame as the Bicycle Built for Two and was introduced in '78 and produced through '83:

1978_29-1.jpg

Last edited:
GTs58 pointed out the chain was worn do I need to purchase a new chain or take a link or two out of the old chain?
Thanks for the great photos literature and for sharing your knowledge of bikes.

Back