When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern but vintage looking tires for motorized bike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Alienbaby17

Finally riding a big boys bike
I know a (sort of) similar thread was posted a few years ago but I’m hoping there might be new information now.

I‘m in the process of rebuilding a late 40’s Whizzer. I want tires that look vintage but I don’t want to use 70 year old tires on this thing for safety reasons. I have used the Royal Chain repros on a bike and liked the look of them but was hoping for something a bit more aggressive looking. Are there any modern vintage looking tires out there besides the Royal Chains?

Thanks,
Jay

I know a (sort of) similar thread was posted a few years ago but I’m hoping there might be new information now.

I‘m in the process of rebuilding a late 40’s Whizzer. I want tires that look vintage but I don’t want to use 70 year old tires on this thing for safety reasons. I have used the Royal Chain repros on a bike and liked the look of them but was hoping for something a bit more aggressive looking. Are there any modern vintage looking tires out there besides the Royal Chains?

Thanks,
Jay
Continental RetroRides

FE19F051-3D67-48EA-B6A8-45D1182837CD.jpeg

I don't know if they have a "vintage" look, but this is a decent tire for Whizzers. They were made for electric bikes and are a little wider.(2.50)

A lot of guys use whitewalls but I think there are too much for a Whizzer. On my last build I used gumwalls, brick pattern tread.

70556947_10219668205154064_3262288533330591744_o.jpg

I don't know if they have a "vintage" look, but this is a decent tire for Whizzers. They were made for electric bikes and are a little wider.(2.50)
View attachment 1210487

These look pretty good! I guess considering E-bike options might be a smart move.

The real question is would 2.5“ tires fit on a standard Whizzer? I’d hate to buy a pair and have them not work.

These look pretty good! I guess considering E-bike options might be a smart move.

The real question is would 2.5“ tires fit on a standard Whizzer? I’d hate to buy a pair and have them not work.
Those look very retro, and I would think they would fit

Back