When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern day plastic

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Had a vinyl steering wheel like that, perhaps from a combination of sunlight or a make-it-shiny spray-on/wipe-off product.

Seemed like mild soap and water on a cold morning would work best, but after a weekend in the hot sun under the windshield, a shimmering layer of gooze seemed to regenerate itself.

Once heard that the breakdown was a irreversible process; I tried using the cheaper white cotton working gloves as a clean-while-you-drive technique, and received strange looks.

Last edited:
What, when, why and how was spilled on the shelve or maybe the gummy glue from shelving paper dissolved and absorbed into the plastic. ? You need to find a solution that doesn't etch or loosen the plastic but will emulsify the sticky stuff.

Also, today's polymer vinyl is, like, impossible to penetrant and actually stick into, meld or weld together like model plastic or PVC pipes glues.

I mean, most shelves today are a vinyl so, I presume yours is. However if a hard plastic then you gotta be careful to figure out what sticky stuff is.

I've been hunting for years to find anything that can stick on or etch, bond, plant roots into a poly vinyl like you're describing.

Last edited:
Back