When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern tubular tires.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Barnegatbicycles

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I just ordered a set of 700x30 tires for a set of race wheels and they are nice. Here's some 40s. The nice part is they are modern and they actually measure 40mm wide or at least close to. If you want to ride some old wood wheels I'd buy a set. Just picked up two sets for myself.

I just ordered a set of 700x30 tires for a set of race wheels and they are nice. Here's some 40s. The nice part is they are modern and they actually measure 40mm wide or at least close to. If you want to ride some old wood wheels I'd buy a set. Just picked up two sets for myself.

Are these new? I ride many original wood rims on modern tubulars with excellent results....biggest I have are 700x33......never found bigger..I just ordered a set. I would love to see these mounted.....great deal for the wood rim guys.

And by new, I meant just introduced....Widest Challenge I knew were available were gravel 33 until you posted these.

Well I got the tires in the mail today and I'll let you be the judge.

IMG_20230424_204956178.jpg

IMG_20230424_205008906.jpg

IMG_20230424_205023292.jpg

IMG_20230424_205115272.jpg

IMG_20230424_205345476.jpg

I like that these do not have latex tubes, like most high end tubies of the past which require refilling on daily rider bikes. Latex tubed tires are not very convenient for occasional riders either as far as storage is concerned if the bike is parked on a hard surface and not hung.

Repairing these tires could be a...."challenge" though. Sealant may handle a pinhole but anything larger, not sure if the construction lends itself to surgical repairs like you can on old style sew-ups.

I wonder how the graphics and tan walls would respond to a big fat black magic marker? Let us know Matt.

I like that these do not have latex tubes, like most high end tubies of the past which require refilling on daily rider bikes. Latex tubed tires are not very convenient for occasional riders either as far as storage is concerned if the bike is parked on a hard surface and not hung.

Repairing these tires could be a...."challenge" though. Sealant may handle a pinhole but anything larger, not sure if the construction lends itself to surgical repairs like you can on old style sew-ups.

I wonder how the graphics and tan walls would respond to a big fat black magic marker? Let us know Matt.
They make all black and whitewall ones but they are more expensive, esp the white wall ones. These are like $130 for 2 right now.

Back