When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modesto CA Bike Cruise!

-

Fonseca927

Wore out three sets of tires already!
On February 6 Central Valley Cruisers is holding a vintage bike cruise. All bicycles are welcome and they will be doing three stops throughout the day! At the end of the ride they plan doing lunch! For more info follow their IG page on this fun ride and others in the future!

IMG_0519.jpg

that news article is pretty funny. I will never understand this hate of people riding bikes.... I've even seen it here from some of you guys. if you are in your car why would you care if a guy on a bike stops for a stop sign? also people fail to realize that bicyclists have the same right of way on the road as cars do, and anyone who got a ticket now has a point on their license.

cops were out hassling folks on bikes...maybe Modesto has too many cops.

that news article is pretty funny. I will never understand this hate of people riding bikes.... I've even seen it here from some of you guys. if you are in your car why would you care if a guy on a bike stops for a stop sign? also people fail to realize that bicyclists have the same right of way on the road as cars do, and anyone who got a ticket now has a point on their license.

I take it you didn't watch the video of the ride yesterday. Lots of good examples of why people hate people riding bikes.

Interesting video. Looks like a bunch of young fools getting too happy. Sounds like there was a concentrated effort by authorities to start a dialogue with organizers to keep things cool and safe. Giving out helmets? How many Police Departments would bother? They got a F-you from those in charge and riders who showed what they were really about. I used to live in Modesto. Cops there are not known for patience with stupidity. Maybe they will get down to business with idiots that only are brave in numbers

The video shows a lot of bikes, apparently too many for an event without planned road closures and city support (for a fee). Public works to lay down orange safety cones, and pick up afterwards. Police or traffic safety at intersections. Basic public safety stuff? Sanitation for honey buckets and trash?

They have the same rights but must also observe the same rules which includes stopping for signs and lights, staying in the proper lane, not impeding traffic etc.. . I can just hear the whiny azz parent when one of those idiots becomes a hood ornament for riding against traffic "Oh he was a good kid just riding his bike". Nope you raised an idiot!

Last edited:
They probably have great goals for the future. Have parent's buy them a Challenger and join in Sideshows! Dare to dream!

Back