When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mom's WWII bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
W

Wendy Roth

I am thinking of selling my late mother's blue and white balloon tire bicycle, but first I need to find out what it is!

The bicycle has, I believe, all original equipment. The name painted on it is "Admiral"... but I'm not sure whether this is the model or the manufacturer.

Any suggestions on identifying this bike and determining its value will be greatly appreciated!

Wendy in VT

Moms bike

Hi, I think it might be a Schwinn. Post a pic. or two and lets see what it looks like. I might want it. Thanks. Pat

goggle search

goggle search schwinn admiral ,look at the photos ,find one that matches yours, daves vintage cycles,also has photos , if it is nice with all the original parts ,,let me know when you decide what it is worth ,and i will probably want to buy it . [email protected], i usually have someone in the area ,and you will not have to take it apart or ship it ,, thanks walter branche

Hi, Admiral is almost always associated with Schwinn and it will most likely be from right before the war as Schwinn wasn't allowed to make bikes during the war. sounds neat but we'll need pictures please.:)
Scott:cool:

the bike -open season

Hi, I think it might be a Schwinn. Post a pic. or two and lets see what it looks like. I might want it. Thanks. Pat
thanks for your private message ,i am not trying to get in anyones way ,on any deal ever,, when a bike is offered in a public venue it is open season ,, i have it happen to me all the time , getting outbid or some other type of situation..i learned to pursue what ever i had an interest in ,a good lesson to learn is do not take any of this personal ,it is a bike, it is not worth getting angry or upset,about the bikes.. i have been buying bikes for over 35 years from all over the world.. not trying to boast or brag, only trying to show that i am out there,.. always in pursuit of quality original owner bikes ..thanks ,,i have nothing to hide or regret,..walter branche

Mom's WWII bike. Took photos; how do I post them?

I have photos, but don't know how to post. Sorry to be such a pain, but....pls give me advice... or maybe I can send e-mail to someone with photo attached.
Wendy in VT

got your photos, definitely a prewar Schwinn Dx type.post the serial and someone should be able to get you the year i'm going to guess late '30's to early '40's.
Scott:cool:

Mom's WWII bike.

Where will I find the serial number? (again, sorry I know so little....).

bike value

hi, a bike like yours was on ebay this week seller mcdillis, it had a buy it now of 650, starting bid 500 ,,no one bid on it ,, i have sold a similar bike for 250.00,that should give you an honest range to work in,, someone has a message on this board who wants too buy the bike ,look at all messages and you can contact him ,, i think he wants it for his wife ,to ride ,, thanks walter branche

the serial # should be on the bottom bracket(the big tube that the cranks and pedals are in) if its a pre 1952 bike......if they arent there theyll be on the left drop out(the little tab that the back wheel bolts into)

Back