When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monarch Products Company 1930s Tricycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Milletra

On Training Wheels
Hi! New here! Not generally a collector of tricycles, but I am a vintage/antique collector. I came across this little double-step trike, and loved it! It is clearly marked Monarch Products Company, Tiffin, Ohio. Through research, I know that this company was formed, and produced children's ride on toys and doll carriages beginning in Oct. 1930. Due to the Depression, production only remained strong for a couple years, and they sold in approx. 1934, and the new company filed bankruptcy in 1935. So ended toy production on Tiffin Ohio. I am curious if there are any collectors out there that know how rare this brand of tricycle might be? and/or its value? I can't seem to find other examples (trikes or otherwise) of Monarch Products Company ride ons.

Thanks so much!

IMG_8962.JPG

IMG_8963.JPG

IMG_8965.JPG

That is a very interesting find! I've never seen or heard of a Monarch tricycle before, and I've been researching and collecting them since around 1990. The ornate head badge is very similar to the ones used by American National on trikes around 1930, but to my knowledge Monarch was never a part of American National. Thanks for posting this rare find in tricycles! Maybe someone else on the CABE has heard of this company before.

Dave

Thanks so much for your reply! I appreciate it so much! Helps me to know from a collector that it does seem to be a rare manufacturer.

Thanks,
Tracee

That is a very interesting find! I've never seen or heard of a Monarch tricycle before, and I've been researching and collecting them since around 1990. The ornate head badge is very similar to the ones used by American National on trikes around 1930, but to my knowledge Monarch was never a part of American National. Thanks for posting this rare find in tricycles! Maybe someone else on the CABE has heard of this company before.

Dave

Thanks so much for your reply! I appreciate it so much! Helps me to know from a collector that it does seem to be a rare manufacturer.

Thanks,
Tracee

Here’s A third opinion ,nothing crazy
Trike looks to be definetly early 30’s
“Obviously” wrong rear wheels
Pretty standard tube frame - unusual cool stem and rear step
Nothing crazy rare that I would see holding a ton of value
Simply a cool early badged and possibly low produced trike
Otherwise I’d say nice find
Few Picts to throw out there

Mark

614DCDDF-5D71-4187-B5D2-D9EA824DC564.jpeg