When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark 5-Bar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TR6SC

I live for the CABE
I scored a Super Frame from @Freqman1 recently. Today I began a little mock-up to visualize the project.
IMG_1453.JPG

The bottom bracket on these bikes is a joy to behold. I don't have a photo of one, but the girl's frame might even be sexier.
IMG_1465.JPG

This frame is the collared version. Perhaps the paint color should be collard green.
IMG_1463.JPG

Thinking of a Musselman hub front..
IMG_1456.JPG

...and rear. I've got a finned version around here somewhere.
IMG_1457.JPG

I found some Torrington #18s NOS wartime blackouts.
IMG_1454.JPG

Big Springs for sure.
IMG_1461.JPG

Thanks Scott for the nickel plated mistakes. Nice bars.
IMG_1464.JPG

I haven't given any thought to the chainguard. Aluminum plain or possibly raingutters. Ixnay on an Anktay. And then there's the stand. Wouldn't you know, I sold a flat-bar flutterby a few months ago because I had no use for it!!!

Last edited:
I scored a Super Frame from @Freqman1 recently. Today I began a little mock-up to visualize the project.
View attachment 835357
The bottom bracket on these bikes is a joy to behold. I don't have a photo of one, but the girl's frame might even be sexier.View attachment 835380
This frame is the collared version. Perhaps the paint color should be collard green.View attachment 835363
Thinking of a Musselman hub front..
View attachment 835360
...and rear. I've got a finned version around here somewhere.View attachment 835361
I found some Torrington #18s NOS wartime blackouts.
View attachment 835359
Big Springs for sure.
View attachment 835362
Thanks Scott for the nickel plated mistakes. Nice bars.
View attachment 835364
I haven't given any thought to the chainguard. Aluminum plain or possibly raingutters. Ixnay on an Anktay. And then there's the stand. Wouldn't you know, I sold a flat-bar flutterby a few months ago because I had no use for it!!!
Wow,what style these bicycle's have,at least no two look alike,real craftsmanship with care and devotion.I can't wait to see what else you have in-store.Once again a beautiful bicycle.

Broken, wrong curve, and it's the good one.
IMG_1514.JPG

The hardware store had some 3/8" aluminum tubing that I bent around a piece of wood cut to shape.
IMG_1513.JPG

After fitting the top ends, I tapped the tube and bolted 'er up.
IMG_1516.JPG

The excess at the bottom then got cut and threaded. Next I'm going to find a hunk o' rubber for the pencil and I'll be in business.
IMG_1519.JPG

Last edited:
Broken, wrong curve, and it's the good one. View attachment 839183
The hardware store had some 3/8" aluminum tubing that I bent around a piece of wood cut to shape.
View attachment 839182
After fitting the top ends, I tapped the tube and bolted 'er
View attachment 839184
The excess at the bottom then got cut and threaded. Next I'm going to find a hunk o' rubber for the pencil and I'll be in business.
View attachment 839185
Nice job, outside the box thinking....

Hey Mike you might have already done so, but for the rubber bushing go to Lowe's hardware aisle where they have the drawers with rubber stoppers for lab equipment or the rubber grommets. That's where I found some, looking good by the way man.

Hey Mike you might have already done so, but for the rubber bushing go to Lowe's hardware aisle where they have the drawers with rubber stoppers for lab equipment or the rubber grommets. That's where I found some, looking good by the way man.

IMG_1482.JPG

Good idea Sean, thanks. I went by Greg's High Wheel bike business, Rideable Replicas when in the Bay Area last weekend. He has tire rubber in different sizes. He donated a couple of cutoffs toward the project. I enlarged the inner hole, and cut a piece on the table saw. It looks like the real deal.
image.jpg

Not too sure about the nut though. I think it is supposed to be an acorn with a fender washer.
IMG_1656.JPG

Last edited:
Not too much new, mostly dialing things in.
IMG_1678.JPG

@rustjunkie came up with a seatpost shim, thanks.
IMG_1679.JPG

I've put the 44 tooth aluminum on backwards for better overall clearance. Might even get a reverse gear as an extra! The #18 Torringtons are sweet.
IMG_1681.JPG

22 teeth in the back give me hill climbing abilities to maybe keep up with @tripple3.
I also did a little welding and filing to dial in the dropouts. These babies are dead-on parallel. And for fun I threw in a half-link. It keeps the axle in the mid-range.
IMG_1683.JPG

Also laced in a Musselman finned rear hub. Looks good.
IMG_1688.JPG

Lots of massaging and this pencil fork is springing like an artesian.
IMG_1685.JPG

I've come to believe the Torrington stem is British. The only bolt I could find to fit is Whitworth. Actually, it is CEI, 26tpi.
IMG_1686.JPG

Once I get a seat post, I'm going to start riding. Still looking for a badge. If nothing turns up, I'm gonna rivet in a license plate.
Anybody got the Monark safety tab washers?
IMG_1684.JPG

Last edited:
Back