When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Aluminum Pedestal Cover

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TR6SC

I live for the CABE
I made a little sled to hold the work. These tops in aluminum are very delicate, no thicker than a matchbook cover, about 0.015"
I set the dowel so that the top touches it on its underside.
image.jpeg

This piece is in very good shape. No dents or deep scratches, but it is covered with little pock marks from what I guess is atmospheric corrosion. I'd like to file and sand it all away, but I'm afraid of turning this rare bird into shredded aluminum foil. I began with #150 and steered clear of the edges.
image.jpeg

I skipped no grits as I went up to #1500.
image.jpeg

Polishing with Simichrome at each grade of paper highlighted scratches I'd missed. They must be removed before I can move forward.
image.jpeg

The final result is a long way from perfection, but a longer way still than from where I began. The hardest part is staying off the danger zones. Don't want to lose the detail.
image.jpeg

I made a little sled to hold the work. These tops in aluminum are very delicate, no thicker than a matchbook cover, about 0.015"
I set the dowel so that the top touches it on its underside.
View attachment 649475
This piece is in very good shape. No dents or deep scratches, but it is covered with little pock marks from what I guess is atmospheric corrosion. I'd like to file and sand it all away, but I'm afraid of turning this rare bird into shredded aluminum foil. I began with #150 and steered clear of the edges.
View attachment 649476
I skipped no grits as I went up to #1500.View attachment 649477
Polishing with Simichrome at each grade of paper highlighted scratches I'd missed. They must be removed before I can move forward.View attachment 649478
The final result is a long way from perfection, but a longer way still than from where I began. The hardest part is staying off the danger zones. Don't want to lose the detail. View attachment 649479
Looks perfect to me, GREAT JOB !

Back