When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Bearcat

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Avanti

Look Ma, No Hands!
Does this Monark Bearcat girl's bike belong to you? I saved this image off Facebook back in 2020 but can't find the original post. Please message me if you have info on it.

20220728_234555.jpg

FB_IMG_1587290604101.jpg

I believe there's an ad for this model in the Evolution of the Bicycle books, not sure if it's vol. 1 or 2. But it's a later '50s middleweight, shortly before Huffy bought the Monark co.

I believe there's an ad for this model in the Evolution of the Bicycle books, not sure if it's vol. 1 or 2. But it's a later '50s middleweight, shortly before Huffy bought the Monark co.
I posted an ad from the July 1954 American Bicyclist in this thread:

It's interesting that the ad states that the Bearcat has three speeds, while the bike pictured has a two-speed hub. These bikes don't show up very often.

I posted an ad from the July 1954 American Bicyclist in this thread:

It's interesting that the ad states that the Bearcat has three speeds, while the bike pictured has a two-speed hub. These bikes don't show up very often.
That's the first year 26" version with the Three-Speed hub. Monark used the "Bearcat" name on various other models including the bike pictured above, which is a 24" with a Bendix Two-Speed. It probably dates to '55 or '56 making it a middleweight but I can't be sure.

Incidentally, I'm looking any photos or blurbs about Monark bikes from issues of American Bicyclist (1956-57).

Back