When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark bicycle in antique shop down town Las vegas.

-

James Sieler

Look Ma, No Hands!
I saw this Monark bicycle out in front of an antique store in down town Las vegas, so I had to stop and take a look. There was also a Murry whizzer right along side of it. The monark had a bad paint job so I thought I might pick it cheep. When I asked how much it was the guy said $500.00 because it was a Firestone super cruiser. I'm not an expert on old bikes but I've learned a lot reading here on the cabe and I'm pretty sure this was a Monark rocket or a skyliner. The guy told me he was talking with Ricks restorations and that the bike would be worth $4000.00 after they restored it. When he told me that I knew why he thought he had a Firestone super cruiser.

I'm sure he meant it'll cost $4,000 to restore.

The highwheel "restoration" was a butchers delight.

I get my paint from the shop that Rick uses. Have you seen his prices for restos!!! Insane! They also bring their bicycle work to Al in Bike World on Rainbow. Rick doesn't touch the bicycles, they farm them out to the pros. I've seen Al working on Rick's black Schwinn for a customer.

monark bicycle

I couldn't see paying $500.00 for what looked like a monark rocket with a bad paint job and missing parts when I could buy one with origanal paint and all the parts for $200.00 more on ebay.

Back