When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Bicycle Questions

-

Lgassman

On Training Wheels
I recently purchased a Monark bicycle. I have a model no. T3010B, serial no. A1339755. I have spent a lot of time researching and trying to figure out the type of bike. I would like to determine the model of the bike to complete it. It does have a New Departure, Model D brake. Based on the serial no. I believe it was manufactured in 1952. Its missing fenders, kickstand and whatever else based on the model. Is there info out there in the way of pictures of models during 1952? Are these worth restoring??

I recently purchased a Monark bicycle. I have a model no. T3010B, serial no. A1339755. I have spent a lot of time researching and trying to figure out the type of bike. I would like to determine the model of the bike to complete it. It does have a New Departure, Model D brake. Based on the serial no. I believe it was manufactured in 1952. Its missing fenders, kickstand and whatever else based on the model. Is there info out there in the way of pictures of models during 1952? Are these worth restoring??
It’s hard to help without pics

I am currently disassembling and cleaning the bike and showing you some of the parts to go at give clues to the model of bike.

20201017_200637.jpg

20201012_193810~2.jpg

20201221_180251_HDR.jpg

20201221_180324_HDR.jpg

20201221_174525_HDR.jpg

20201221_180302_HDR.jpg

Let know me know if you would like to see a picture of a specific area of the bike. Thank you in advance for your expertise.

I'm no expert (and I hope some come along and give you some better info soon) but from the little I've picked up so far there were VERY FEW girl's bikes worth restoring. Hell, I've been dissuaded from restoring men's bikes, even one's that have a following (just too much for the individual parts to get your money back once you're done).
Mostly what I've heard from the most experienced guys to date is this: Fix it IF and HOW you like it, because you're most likely going to be the one riding it in the end.

YMMV
Good luck with whichever choice you make.

I agree with '52. This appears to be a base level girls bike. Even if this were complete and really nice it would be $125 bike. So the short answer to your question is no. This is what most of us would consider 'yard art'. Put some flowers in that basket and decorate the yard. My yard art...

I'm no expert (and I hope some come along and give you some better info soon) but from the little I've picked up so far there were VERY FEW girl's bikes worth restoring. Hell, I've been dissuaded from restoring men's bikes, even one's that have a following (just too much for the individual parts to get your money back once you're done).
Mostly what I've heard from the most experienced guys to date is this: Fix it IF and HOW you like it, because you're most likely going to be the one riding it in the end.

YMMV
Good luck with whichever choice you make.
Yeah, that is what I have gathered as well. It was meant to just sit it outside when I originally bought it. I will spiff it up to my satisfaction and then call it good. Since my initial investment was next to nothing...I can put a little into it and call it a donation of sorts:) Thank you for your honest answer.

Back