When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark bicycle value

-

Thonyv1974_

Wore out three sets of tires already!
In Memoriam
Hello all, I have an opportunity to buy a non Schwinn for myself. The seller sent me two pictures, no chain guard for it. He asked me to make an offer on it and I'm not sure what a fair price would be. If I buy it it will be a companion bike to Sues Monark. Not buying it with the intention of selling it. Thanks for any advice you can offer. .
Tony

P.S. if I buy this does anyone have a correct color chain guard. ?

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

If it was me I would try to keep the price under $200, check and see if the train light has the guts and if the horn is in the tank. If not there that will be $100 you have to spend if you get some re-pop ones. Seat repair, tires and other miscellaneous parts might go $200 or more. Still a cool bike if you can get it for the right price.

I sold a rough Monark cycle king for $450. Mine had the the fender light, but had wrong pedals and did not have the deep fenders like this one.

this one has the light, correct pedals, deep fenders etc. and nice original paint. I would think it would be worth around 800 maybe more.

Last edited:
If it was me I would try to keep the price under $200, check and see if the train light has the guts and if the horn is in the tank. If not there that will be $100 you have to spend if you get some re-pop ones. Seat repair, tires and other miscellaneous parts might go $200 or more. Still a cool bike if you can get it for the right price.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

I sold a rough Monark cycle king for $450. Mine had the the fender light, but had wrong pedals and did not have the deep fenders like this one.

this one has the light, correct pedals, deep fenders etc. and nice original paint. I would think it would be worth around 800 maybe more.
This one has the pedals too....

I agree with @Jay81
Although $800 would be stretching it a bit on my opinion, it's worth considerably more than $200. Just my opinion though. Good luck with it and hope it works out for ya!

Back