Monark Built TANKLESS 5bar thread(Hawthorne Twin)

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Krakatoa

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Oct 12, 2016
Bellows Falls VT
Mine smells like a barnyard the cups were spinning around so the last owner just gave everything a glob of good god knows what kind of smelly grease tightened everything up and gave it a tack weld to hold it all together for good measure. Then said individual proceeded to jump canyons till the spring of '45 until it broke again I suppose...

The nature of the back alley repairs and pattern of abuse suggest somewhat of a desperation and psychosis on the part of the original owner... Sound familliar?

It's probably some fault of Monark that they touted that it was the strongest frame ever built yet LOL!

If you say that then everyone's gonna try and break it!

Last edited:

cyclingday

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Feb 24, 2008
Costa Mesa, California. United States
Man!
Those bars are glowing compared to the typically as found patina of these HTB’s.
No mistaking those for anything but aluminum.
Nice find!
Congrats to the new owner.

Last edited:

Balloonoob

I live for the CABE
Jan 24, 2019
Longmont Colorado
I have started building out my Hawthorne Twin Bar (5 bar) for the Rat Rod Bikes Build Off #9. The build name is starsNbars and it will have a custom made sandwiched girder springer fork.
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/★-starsnbars-★-38-hawthorne-twin-bar-5-bar-with-sammich-girvin-girder-fork-☠.83243/
Man that is one cool build. The ladies tank and the kickstand were awesome. Lots of thought and work must have went into the suspension and light and really the whole bike.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

RUDY CONTRATTI

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Mar 17, 2014
San Anselmo, United States
Love these here old Threads,Well here is My ,,,from what I was Told a 1937 Five Bar which I bought off E Bay some 15 years back.It has a Da Stressed paint scheme,,which came with the bike.Now the serial # is H79737,,and you can tell by the photos ,,the down tubes do not go under the BB,,which leads me to believe I need some help on this ,,What do you think I have ? I added the NOS Blueface Speedo,EA 6 Rib ,and Tail Light and The L Darts Tires

Kickstand3

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
May 16, 2014
Grapevine Tx
Love these here old Threads,Well here is My ,,,from what I was Told a 1937 Five Bar which I bought off E Bay some 15 years back.It has a Da Stressed paint scheme,,which came with the bike.Now the serial # is H79737,,and you can tell by the photos ,,the down tubes do not go under the BB,,which leads me to believe I need some help on this ,,What do you think I have ? I added the NOS Blueface Speedo,EA 6 Rib ,and Tail Light and The L Darts Tires

Very cool
But not Monark built

Reactions: fordmike65

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
Mar 4, 2012
East Los

Looks to be Snyder built Rudy! Post it up here!

Kickstand3

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
May 16, 2014
Grapevine Tx
Yeah, the other catalog copy from the 37/38 Fall/Winter catalog was so blurry, that you couldn't read it.
I made sure to get a nice clear picture of this one, for future reference.
The ad in the Fall/Winter catalog appears to show the bike with a standard torpedo light mounted on the fender, but then shows what looks like the "fat" torpedo in the specification detail.
The text is so fuzzy, that you can't read it clearly, which I think led to the confusion over which light was correct for the first generation model.
The only original bike I've seen with its light intact, was the standard type Delta Torpedo with the single post fender mount.
Iv seen the fat torpedo on CWC Models . Only in pics tho . If only Hmmmmm

This ad goes away when you register for an account!