When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Built TANKLESS 5bar thread(Hawthorne Twin)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here is a link to my thread on my Twin Bar his & hers pair. Many thanks for the awesome and informative thread @fordmike65 !!

Josh

Mine was just a frame with nothing else, not even a badge. Built on a budget so there is nothing original
View attachment 1224677

View attachment 1224678

Great looking build. I believe we used just about the same tank just different graphics. They fit the vibe of these frames well. Here is my 2014 RRB Build Off 9 build starsNbars

Here is a fun walkaround video I did as well.

Congrats Jeff!

Nice that the serial is visible.

The Monark built HTB was the 1st version marketed by Hawthorne and was only a partial year offering. This was the bike that wore the piecrust. I speculate that the frame design originated with Monark due to strong similarities with their aluminum Silver Kings. At some point Hawthorne ended their relationship with Monark and the bike was offered in CWC and Snyder built versions and wearing a more traditional guard.

Really psyched to finally have gotten one of these to study up close. It's as cool as it looks or cooler than in the HTB ad copy. I wish I could report it as a find but it was a DOND and I did pay up but luckily it was not a bloodbath lol. Glad to keep the seat and it's proceeds circulating in New England! Big thanks to Paul @tech549

I do have someone in mind to have re make the top but I'm not sure what their availability/workload/inclination is just yet. Not sure on the condition of the inner pan as well so that's another potential issue. I don't know if there is a suitable oil cloth type material still available so that is a major consideration. It would almost seem as if if you were going to go through the trouble to recover it you would do it in leather but I don't know the answer if this saddle was offered in oil cloth and leather or just oil cloth and for that matter how long the saddle was produced for. It also looks like a real challenge to recreate the rear section. The pan does not continue under and support the rear overhang which must have been stiffened with an (unknown material) back in the day. Plenty of issues to overcome before this saddle rides again! It's not going to be easy nor cheap but well worth doing right.

Last edited:
Back