When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark "Deluxe" Rocket Registry Project

-
I also found a sale ad from 10years ago on the CABE for this pair of Super Chief tank shrouds. Current whereabouts unknown.
Monark Super Chief Tank Emblems RR.JPG

If you are the owner of one of these I listed please feel free to ad any info you have on yours.
If you have one or know of one please list it and include serial number, location and picture.
ONLY list "Deluxe" bikes WITH the metal shrouds on this thread, NO regular Rockets please.

Last edited:
Well, finally a little progress. The #2 Deluxe I got from Chris almost a year ago and have been trying to get the rusted frozen stem out of since then so I could proceed toward once again making it a rider happened today. I was almost at the point of cutting the stem, and finding another rear fork section, but wanted to try once more. Now I can proceed with getting this bike back on the road with the original fork in place. Yeah!

20200312_191731.jpg

20200312_191928.jpg

20200312_192108.jpg

20200312_192155.jpg

IMG_5349.JPG

#10 Another Girl's Rocket Deluxe/Super Chief has shown up! Found by a new CABE member in Texas, this one is badged White's Super Chief and appears to be in mostly complete original condition and paint. Only missing the headlight and grips appear replaced with Monark men's black grips. He plans to do a mild clean up and replace the mismatched tires & start looking for a headlight. I can't wait to see his finished results.

Last edited:
#11 or #6? Well, I apologize for not keeping this thread as up to date as I best I should. Last year I had communicated with another guy that also has a Super Chief in California. We were never able to confirm if it was the same one as the #6 Super Chief above or not, but it is very similar in that it also has a Delta Winner headlight, same color and patina, but several minor changes like different seat, bars, and lots of added options including a manual Bendix 2 speed. So that is one mystery, are they the same bike that has just been option-ized, or is it another one? The other mystery is the headlight remains on this latest girls Super Chief doesn't look like it was a pedestal light, that brings up the question: Did the Super Chief's come with a Delta Winner instead of a pedestal like the Monarks?

A 3rd complete girls with tank shrouds showed up on the CABE a few months ago. This one is the first one found to be badged as a 5 Star General. I have seen other Monark built bikes badged as Generals but they did not have the tank shrouds & single spring fork. I was able to acquire this one, and once it arrived I was able to confirm the serial & model numbers. And no surprise, this one is also a 1953. Serial number: A1525293 and Model: 4264. As you can see from the pictures this one is pretty crusty. I will probably hold off on reassembling it until I get warmer weather and can give it an OA bath. I will update with complete bike pictures once that has happened.

Back