When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Elgin

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
The Monark made Elgin is almost done. Somewhere I have a photo of this bike taken the day I got it about 13 years ago. I will post it when I find it. It was found in a cow barn along with an early 30's Schwinn. One of the most rusty bikes I have ever had. I think I paid 40 bucks for both the bikes. They were 100% complete but in sad shape. I painted this bike about 10 years or so ago and am finally getting it done. A little more work yet to do.
Noticed the lug frame and grease fittings and the Monark Chain-ring.
I installed old Heavy-duty motorbike Sears tires on it.
I want to thank fellow Caber"Willswares" for the nice stem.
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG

The Monark made Elgin is almost done. Somewhere I have a photo of this bike taken the day I got it about 13 years ago. I will post it when I find it. It was found in a cow barn along with an early 30's Schwinn. One of the most rusty bikes I have ever had. I think I paid 40 bucks for both the bikes. They were 100% complete but in sad shape. I painted this bike about 10 years or so ago and am finally getting it done. A little more work yet to do.
Noticed the lug frame and grease fittings and the Monark Chain-ring.
I installed old Heavy-duty motorbike Sears tires on it.
I want to thank fellow Caber"Willswares" for the nice stem.

View attachment 342973 View attachment 342974 View attachment 342975 View attachment 342976 View attachment 342977 View attachment 342979
I know this was posted years ago but this is the only lugged, zerked Elgin that looks like mine that I have found on internet. Can you tell me what is or is not original to help me rework previous owners well intentioned restoration.

I'v since sold that bike and know it was re-sold later. Don't know where it is now. The only parts I re-used on that bike was the original fork and truss rods. Every part was badly rusted. Everything else was replaced by parts I had laying around.

Back