When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark/Firestone U Shape Original Handlebars

-

Ally Cat

Finally riding a big boys bike
WTB Late 1940’s to mid 1950’s U shape Monark or Firestone Handlebars.
23” wide with decent chrome, or re-chromed condition, for a Boys Monark Super Deluxe bicycle.

WTB Late 1940’s to mid 1950’s U shape Monark or Firestone Handlebars.
23” wide with decent chrome, or re-chromed condition, for a Boys Monark Super Deluxe bicycle.
I believe I MIGHT have what you need…
Are they stamped: “Torrington” ?

I am not sure, because I have a project that I am working on and the handlebars are missing.
I measured the handlebars on a monark super deluxe at a local bicycle swap meet and the overall width is 23 1/4 inches wide.
I have seen a lot of Torrington stamped handlebars on eBay, and they seem to all be more narrow, about closer to 21 or 22 inches wide.
I am looking for the original ones that most likely came off a monark super deluxe.
23 1/4 inches wide in very decent chrome condition.
What is the overall width of your Torrington handlebars?

Last edited:
I am not sure, because I have a project that I am working on and the handlebars are missing.
I measured the handlebars on a monark super deluxe at a local bicycle swap meet and the overall width is 23 1/4 inches wide.
I have seen a lot of Torrington stamped handlebars on eBay, and they seem to all be more narrow, about closer to 21 or 22 inches wide.
I am looking for the original ones that most likely came off a monark super deluxe.
23 1/4 inches wide in very decent chrome condition.
What is the overall width of your Torrington handlebars?
Al
I would have to measure and get back to you.
However, it seems that you are seeking show quality chrome. If that's the case , I don't think these will work even if they are the correct bars, because the chrome is from the 1950's.
Let me know your thoughts.

I would have to measure and get back to you.
However, it seems that you are seeking show quality chrome. If that's the case , I don't think these will work even if they are the correct bars, because the chrome is from the 1950's.
Let me know your thoughts.
I measured the “U” shaped bars from a Monark Super Deluxe. They were only 22”
across, so unfortunately not what you need.

The Monark Super Deluxe , late 1940’s to mid 1950’s U Shape Handlebars are 22” wide across on the girls model.
The boys model Handlebars are 23” wide across.
Thanks anyway!

Back