When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Five Bar Model GT495

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Great work. What kind of paint? Stainless for the spokes? The chrome plating came out great. Figuring out what was chromium, cadmium, or nickel plated gets me frustrated. For example, nickel on the nipples and polished cadmium on the spokes? :confused:

I use single stage DuPont enamels, these are stainless DB spokes for now. I thought I had another set of restored cad plated spokes but couldn't find them. I plan on locating some and re-spoking these wheels but just want to get this thing rolling! A cold and college slowed my roll last week but I've been making progress this week. V/r Shawn

Its starting to look like a bike! V/r Shawn

DSC_0232.JPG

DSC_0235.JPG

I'm almost there. Need to finish the rack yet and then I'll call it pretty much done. I still have to send the correct stem out for chrome so using a Wald 3 for now. A lot of folks restore most Five Bars with a non-slip stem but it is not correct for some models including this one. Running the optional Musselman Olympic Racer high flange hubs and some vintage checkerboard chain treads for now. This model was originally equipped with white walls but I think black probably look better. Lost my light by the time I took pics but hopefully next weekend a complete bike in good light. V/r Shawn

DSC_0282.JPG

DSC_0283.JPG

DSC_0286.JPG

DSC_0287.JPG

DSC_0288.JPG

Nice unique bike, (even if you got 5).
Thanks too for showing the efficient painting stand set-up.
How effective is that odd springer fork?

Nice unique bike, (even if you got 5).
Thanks too for showing the efficient painting stand set-up.
How effective is that odd springer fork?

Most of these spring forks you find will be bent. Anything over about 175 lbs and you will risk bending it--no dessert for me! V/r Shawn

Back