When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark fork bearing cup shims

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have a bunch of bearing cups. Can you digitally measure the thickness that you need and I will see if I have one that would work for you.

Thanks anyway, I have the OG bearing cups but some Monark's needed a shim to fit some frames especially the 5 bar & twin bar/speedster. 2 yrs and haven't found og shims, anyone parting out a old girls 4 bar with shims?

Last edited:
Thanks anyway, I have the OG bearing cups but some Monark's needed a shim to fit some frames especially the 5 bar & twin bar/speedster. 2 yrs and haven't found og shims, anyone parting out a old girls 4 bar with shims?
Why not put a piece of pipe that fits snug around the cups that fits the frame tube tight & forget the shims? I mean ultimately you can grind & file it to fit tight. Using worn shims from another bike of the same design will ultimately yield the same problem if your actual head tube & frame are worn that badly

I have made shims and they work fine for now. most of the time it's not that they are worn out it's people ( kids ) just didn't bother to put them back in and that's where the excess wear on the frame comes in, from no shims so would still would like to find a OG set to put in and never have to worry about it again, I will never put enough miles or abuse on them to where them out.

Back