When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark fork bearing cup shims

-
Ya, probably poor design on the whole frame, only a few survived, I have only seen 3 or 4 in 35 yrs. 3 owned by Cabers and 1 in the Evolution book , breaks & welds in other places on 1 or 2 of the others. the shims are FACTORY for this model so it takes normal cup with a shim and I want it OG so with shim, somebody probably took out the shim years ago and that's what started the ware problems.

Last edited:
This:

-tool-headtube-facing-tool-htr-1b-problem-s_2011-12-28_park_tool_htr-1b_planlauf_luftspalt_links.jpg

https://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/head-tube-reaming-and-facing

this:

1536699158625.jpeg

then this:

happy.gif

When I hear layers, this is what I think..these came out of the head tube......
DSC_1321.JPG

I have several thicknesses of brass and ended up using .016". It now has a 1/32" lip.
DSC_1182.JPG

The fit was perfect, didn't slip right in, but also didn't have to pound it in. This worked for me.
DSC_1319.JPG

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. I'm more than happy to send you some strips to test......I bought a lot for my 2 shims.....

I make these shims for South Bend lathes. I think that I can roll a shim with a flange that is made out of the same material. The full thickness of the material is .032 with laminations that are .002 thick. Essentially the shims are glued together and peelable. The Idea is that you would get a one-size fits all shim.

Last edited:
I don't know the thickness's, that's why I'd like to just find the OG ones.

Back