'Lil Knee Scuffer
- May 13, 2018
I had a rough, incomplete basketcase General that came from an auction back in the early '90s. I decided to do something with it. Painted with house paint with the original paint missing underneath it, I decided to use similar colors as my original paint Monarks. Not wanting to buy base coat clear coat for a low dollar project, I used krylon ivory and burgundy and sprayed automotive clear over it with an hvlp gun. The crank was bent three different ways so I heated it up and straightened it. I wonder if that's why it was in a cardboard box when i got it. I painted the rims and relaced the wheels with new spokes. Front tire is an original royal chain. The truss rods were missing, so I made a pair. Having a great time riding it! Now to get crackin' on preserving some originals.