When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark General

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

stik70

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I had a rough, incomplete basketcase General that came from an auction back in the early '90s. I decided to do something with it. Painted with house paint with the original paint missing underneath it, I decided to use similar colors as my original paint Monarks. Not wanting to buy base coat clear coat for a low dollar project, I used krylon ivory and burgundy and sprayed automotive clear over it with an hvlp gun. The crank was bent three different ways so I heated it up and straightened it. I wonder if that's why it was in a cardboard box when i got it. I painted the rims and relaced the wheels with new spokes. Front tire is an original royal chain. The truss rods were missing, so I made a pair. Having a great time riding it! Now to get crackin' on preserving some originals.
Webp.net-resizeimage (9).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (19).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (22).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (23).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (24).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (9).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (19).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (22).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (23).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (24).jpg

cool. who needs all the extra weight of tanks, fenders, racks, lights, and other assorted items. had a bunch of old 50's and 60's bikes back in the 80's, they were all like that. fenders were for girls. sold them all but one, I recently got back into it and spent more on fenders, rack and chain guard than I did for the whole bike in '85

cool. who needs all the extra weight of tanks, fenders, racks, lights, and other assorted items. had a bunch of old 50's and 60's bikes back in the 80's, they were all like that. fenders were for girls. sold them all but one, I recently got back into it and spent more on fenders, rack and chain guard than I did for the whole bike in '85
You bet! Its nice to have a stripped down rider, rolls right along! Its interesting in the way trends change over time.
Stik

Thanks for the kind words! I just acquired a 22 tooth rear sprocket to replace the 20t. Can't wait for spring to enjoy it again (as well as the Studebaker).

Back