When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark General

-

stik70

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I had a rough, incomplete basketcase General that came from an auction back in the early '90s. I decided to do something with it. Painted with house paint with the original paint missing underneath it, I decided to use similar colors as my original paint Monarks. Not wanting to buy base coat clear coat for a low dollar project, I used krylon ivory and burgundy and sprayed automotive clear over it with an hvlp gun. The crank was bent three different ways so I heated it up and straightened it. I wonder if that's why it was in a cardboard box when i got it. I painted the rims and relaced the wheels with new spokes. Front tire is an original royal chain. The truss rods were missing, so I made a pair. Having a great time riding it! Now to get crackin' on preserving some originals.
Webp.net-resizeimage (9).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (19).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (22).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (23).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (24).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (9).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (19).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (22).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (23).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (24).jpg

cool. who needs all the extra weight of tanks, fenders, racks, lights, and other assorted items. had a bunch of old 50's and 60's bikes back in the 80's, they were all like that. fenders were for girls. sold them all but one, I recently got back into it and spent more on fenders, rack and chain guard than I did for the whole bike in '85

cool. who needs all the extra weight of tanks, fenders, racks, lights, and other assorted items. had a bunch of old 50's and 60's bikes back in the 80's, they were all like that. fenders were for girls. sold them all but one, I recently got back into it and spent more on fenders, rack and chain guard than I did for the whole bike in '85
You bet! Its nice to have a stripped down rider, rolls right along! Its interesting in the way trends change over time.
Stik

Thanks for the kind words! I just acquired a 22 tooth rear sprocket to replace the 20t. Can't wait for spring to enjoy it again (as well as the Studebaker).

Back