When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark or Firestone Parts, Frame, Springer, Fenders, Train Light

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TheFizzer

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Going to build another 26" Mens bare metal Monark so I need all the parts. I need the following:
Deep fenders
Frame
Dual Springer
Tank
Chainguard
Train Light
Head Shroud

Reactions: ian

i have this late 40s super deluxe available. had a pedestal light instead of the train light. rims, and lights are incorrect but those parts are not on your list. paint is probably too nice to strip to bare metal but thought id show it to you anyways.

View attachment 1496393

i have this late 40s super deluxe available. had a pedestal light instead of the train light. rims, and lights are incorrect but those parts are not on your list. paint is probably too nice to strip to bare metal but thought id show it to you anyways.
BTW that one is a 48 only with the "bumper" that continues around the brace under the detached teardrop reflector.

I thought the blue one I have is a 47 with that bumper. The mens should be a 48. Is the kickstand correct. My mens bike had one of those but I put one of the standard type of Monark kick stands on it.

83614E58-6D59-4725-A3CC-A7D41C0AB5C5.jpeg

E6D6609F-54FD-490E-B5E7-9BEF5D9A3D35.jpeg

I thought the blue one I have is a 47 with that bumper. The mens should be a 48. Is the kickstand correct. My mens bike had one of those but I put one of the standard type of Monark kick stands on it.
Sorry, I started to reply yesterday and got busy...
I've got a 50 model girls with a center stand, but it's different...and the bike has some other hardware on it that doesn't belong, so probably not original. The one on your bike appears to be made by TRYGG, a European maker, not one I've seen on a Monark before. I believe the 50 model hex tube silverking had a butterfly center stand on it though, maybe that's what someone was trying to mimic. The bumper may have been introduced in late 47, but I've not come across one. The 46 ad I have shows the standalone teardrop, but no bumper... and if I remember right, there's a similar 47 ad with the chrome teardrop only. Marblized seat is 48 only too as I understand it.

Sorry to interrupt @TheFizzer 's post, but that's a tall order for a project. I'm still not sure when the train light started exactly, but may have been ran with the 53 style knee action Springer or was maybe just a Super Deluxe thing. Both bikes I have with train lights have the knee action Springer. The bikes I've had with dual spring forks had the pedestal light, or atleast remnants/outlines. I've not owned a 50-52 Deluxe/Super, but that may be what the search is for.

Dont know if you are going to the Hoosier swap, but I have a set of deep fenders i am bringin

Back