When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Pie crust chainring/guard years???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

10~18kustoms

Wore out three sets of tires already!
What years was the Monark "pie-crust" chainguard/ring used? And on what models? In the Monark Book by John I see it first appearing in adds in 1936 and running through '38. On the Flocycle, Standard and Deluxe. I have also seen the '40 5 Bar that Dave restored with one, but seem to remember reading it was not correct.

Like this.

20181214_185340.jpg

This guard is not correct for the Superframe Five Bar. I believe in the write-up for the bike Dave mentions that the customer wanted it that way. V/r Shawn

Yes, that is what I remember about the bike Dave restored, and also remember reading it was never used on the 5 bar. What I'm trying to figure out is if it was ever used after '38, and on what models? Specifically, would it have been used on a '39 or '40 Monark Deluxe aka "The Rocket". I recently picked up the butchered bones of one of these bikes from a guy who does storage auctions. The bike in question is a very stripped down "franken" bike. The frame appears to me to be a '39-40 by the serial # C67457, with the early Rocket head badge "The Rocket". It has a pie-crust chain guard and other than that not much else is original other than possibly the long horn bars. Don't want to separate the 3 if they belong together.

20181214_185326.jpg

20181216_133026.jpg

20181216_135242.jpg

20181216_133000.jpg

Last edited:
Back