When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Rocket

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

marching_out

Finally riding a big boys bike
Started this last weekend by tearing down and power washing. I'm going the WD40 and 0000 steel wool route. I'm going to finish with Johnson's Wax and re-assemble. Unfortunately, the rims are shot and I'm going to have to come up with a plan B. I do have a set of S2's that I can throw on.

IMG_2182.JPG

IMG_2187.JPG

IMG_2188.JPG

IMG_2261.JPG

IMG_2265.JPG

IMG_2267.JPG

Finished up this past weekend. Rides great. Not thrilled with the color of the seat and may replace it with something black. Had to use rims, chain, and pedals off a Schwinn built American Flyer that was a future project. The original parts were roached. Learned a couple of things on this build. First, I love the Wald pedals that disassemble. Made cleaning a breeze. Second, I like the construction of the New Departure hub over the Bendix. This was the first one I've rebuilt. The bearing race design is much better IMO. Third, don't know if I would go the steel wool/WD40 route again. On good, solid paint you can see slight scratching from the steel wool. On heavy rust though it worked great. Overall a great build.

IMG_2325.JPG

IMG_2326.JPG

IMG_2327.JPG

IMG_2329.JPG

IMG_2331.JPG

IMG_2332.JPG

Back