When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Rocket

-

videoranger

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Anyone have an info to share on pre-war hanging tank Monark Rocket bikes? I bought this one over 15 years ago for $100. The bike is all original except for the chainguard which I added and believe is the right one for this bike. I've always really liked the looks of this bike. Thanks for any info.

Attachments

• PICTURES 716.jpg
    PICTURES 716.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
Anyone else have one of these Monarks or know what year it might be? It has the peaked fenders. Are there many still around?

Last edited:
Nice!

That is a great bike! I'm sorry I don't have any info, but be patient someone here will comment soon I'm sure.

That awesome you got it for only $100.

I bought from a picker in Le Mars Iowa, and ride it on occasion, but it's still as was when I brought it home. It has the shooting star type badge with Monark Silverking Chicago. Serial #119776. ND D rear hub and ND WL front hub. Maybe a late 30's? Just curious if there's many around and what year it might be.

Just get one of those guards

in used chrome and you are good to go!

I was thinking the creme color on the chain guard like the wheels, rack and light. The paint is quite faded but the original color still shows in a few places and was a rather bright red. I like that the tank stencils survived and the head badge looks as good as when new. I do have that same chain guard in chrome on my Monark Whizzer project. The Whizzer has rear facing dropouts but isn't a hanging tank frame. 1939-40 does seem right but don't know if serial # can be decoded. Anyone else have one or have picture of similar model/year? It looks cool as is but would also make a good restoration. Best $100 bike I ever bought.

Attachments

• PICTURES 132.jpg
    PICTURES 132.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 247
here's mine.. 1939. i paid 125.00 for it but its the rarer deluxe with original springer and duel lights. the fork was damaged and took many years (before the internet) to find a original one.

That is very cool. Looks like it was originaly the same colors as the one I have. Like those dual lights. It is a more deluxe model with the springer and horn. Noticed the paint darts are different and wonder if that's a model thing or different years maybe.

hard to say this was a special for the ace hardware co in 1939. the dropstand was ommited on it and place on the rear side. possibly companys had special colors and combos to choose from for their bikes to be sold during christmas or special sale to make them different or represent their company brand.

Last edited:
Back