When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Silver King - fork size question

-

FamousCarz

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi,
I have a Silver King (photo attached) that didn't have much of the original parts when purchased and had 26" wheels. I'm looking at changing out the forks since they're not in great shape. I'm keeping them but I'd like to put on a modern set of Monark style springer forks.
I found this 1" threaded tube set on ebay and am wondering if anyone knows if it will work?
Thanks for your input!

MONARK SILVER KING - 1st  SMALL.jpg

I’d have two concerns here; first, how long is the head tube compared to what you have now. Second, that fork is made for a 26” bike so you may get a bit of a ‘chopper’ look because it will probably raise the front end.

I’d have two concerns here; first, how long is the head tube compared to what you have now. Second, that fork is made for a 26” bike so you may get a bit of a ‘chopper’ look because it will probably raise the front end.
Got it on both counts but is a 1" threaded tube correct for the headset on this bike.
I will get fork leg dimensions to see what the difference would be in stance.

The Monark-style springer forks offered on eBay may be intended for a cut-to-fit application.

"Steering tube is 9-1/2" long. 6" threads for 1" threaded fork".

I believe that the hairpin springer style of seat was British, or from India (like New Delhi).

Yea I'd like to see what the axle-to-crown is on the springer fork. A 9" steer tube should be plenty long but you probably will have to cut it down for your bike.

Just found the spec.
It is 15" long from bearing race to axle so its a perfect match to the original forks.
Original head tube is approximately 6" so I believe it'll be fine

Back