When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Silver King powered by a Monark Super Twin engine

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

locomotion

Cruisin' on my 1897 Comet
Monark Silver King powered by a Monark Super Twin engine

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

I believe that's the one my father built many years ago (could be wrong, I can't find my pictures). Its a sweet build but I wouldn't want to ride it!

I believe that's the one my father built many years ago (could be wrong, I can't find my pictures). Its a sweet build but I wouldn't want to ride it!
When do you think it was built?
Where and when was it sold?

Trying to understand how it ended up in Canada from Texas.

The collector who had it, would travel all over. He passed a few years ago and his widow didn't know the story behind it

Last edited:
I just messaged him, Ill ask when he replies. I was still living at home so it had to be at least 20 years ago. Do you own it now?

I just messaged him, Ill ask when he replies. I was still living at home so it had to be at least 20 years ago. Do you own it now?
No. I still haven't bought it.
The widow wants way to much for it.
She still thinks that it's a factory original
I have been telling her that the frame and engine are from different decades and the modern parts like the internal brake front hub are not original to the bike.

Its a nice build and built well but I wouldn't dare ride it either.

My Dad sold it on eBay around 2000. He doesn’t remember where, who, or how much it went for. The engine was 100% rebuilt and the bike was shiny with no rust. Whizzer parts a were used like the belt cover and belt sheave. If I remember correctly the side engine cover was made using a pot.

Back