When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Silverking

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Been a little busy the last week or so, had some torrential rains come through and got a little flooded. Thankfully no water came into the house, but the garage got about an inch and half and the yard was under. Lots of cleaning and washing stuff down, and actually kind of got forced to straighten up and reorganize the workshop. Before the flood, I got the fork and truss rods polished up, and the bars actually cleaned up rather well also. Put on a set of repop coke bottle grips I had and put on a Messinger B1 Deluxe I have as a filler for now. Got the rear hub apart and soaking, and hope to have it all back together maybe next week sometime. I'm not sure of the exact story on the piecrust chainguards, thinking I read somewhere only 2 or 3 years they were made. I do think they look pretty cool though! JoeView attachment 647237 View attachment 647238 View attachment 647239 View attachment 647240 View attachment 647241 View attachment 647242
Hey Joe, I know you have some hard work in polishing and it shows, Way to go looks great! Hope all is back to normal from the flood.

Finally about done with the Silverking, took it to the Memory Lane swap to try and find a decent set of older tires for it, but didn't have any luck. Ended up picking up some whitewall Duro's from Memory Lane just to get it rolling, they look ok to me. With the Messinger saddle from home, I actually got to ride it around the swap! That was pretty cool, but I really shouldn't have taken it there, because I had to come up with a number if I would sell it, thank goodness no one jumped on it, I wasn't really ready to sell! Lol. For a 24" bike, it actually rides and feels pretty comfortable, maybe just a touch on the small side, I'm 5' 10". The Morrow hub wants to stick a little after applying the brake, but I think I can get it dialed in. Over all I'm really happy how it turned out, and other than a kickstand and a permanent saddle for it, and maybe some fenders down the road, gonna call this one done. Been fun playing around and polishing this one!! Joe
IMG_20170814_185913960.jpg
IMG_20170814_185904826.jpg
IMG_20170814_185924237.jpg
IMG_20170814_190004771.jpg

Back