When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Speedster thread.

-

bikewhorder

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
What do we know about these? I think they are super cool and I'd love to see and know more. I have this one that I bought at great expense from the ironically named Budget Bicycle Center last year. And here's an ad for one that Bikermaniac posted recently.

monark_rocket_twinbar_2JPG-1.jpg

1941 Monark Ad.jpg

Last edited:
I had a ladies version years ago that I pulled from a barn. Very rough. I'll have to dig for pics. I wonder if he BBC one also came from Wisconsin.

I also know of a real full cushion boys (non-loop frame) found somewhat locally to me. Almost seems like Wisconsin was a hotbed of oddball Monarks.

I had a ladies version years ago that I pulled from a barn. Very rough. I'll have to dig for pics. I wonder if he BBC one also came from Wisconsin.

I also know of a real full cushion boys (non-loop frame) found somewhat locally to me. Almost seems like Wisconsin was a hotbed of oddball Monarks.
Interesting, I got my Odd Monark Elgin Oriole from the neighboring state of Minnesota. http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/ok-elgin-experts-lets-see-you-explain-this-one.60503/

elgin monark.jpg

Not really sure, (especially with girls) seems like the Speedster has bigger fenders and train head lite and Streamliner (don't know if that's just Airman name) has peaked fenders and double head lights, but who knows, mine is Monark badged with peaked fenders. so far there's not enough literature or even bikes to know.???, the frame on my girls Airman will not except a tank so another different version, We need a "Phil" style Monark expert!, Oh ya, cool hub Shaw!

Back