When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Super Cruiser-features by year

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I apologize for so many posts having issues with phone.

Of the 3 1953’s I’ve owned I don’t believe they had the stud. I believe the stud was for the dual spring fork style. I’ve had several Monarks with original paint that had mismatched parts on them . For example, I had another bike just like the Gumby green one pictured, I think it was a 1950, ( with the big deep fenders) only problem is, it had what looked like a 49’ fender on the rear, same paint, pinstripes and patina. After inquiring about this, several collectors told me that this did occur due to someone at factory installing incorrect part.
It appears that your frame is pre 53’
Thanks for the information! Would it being badged for Firestone make any difference? I'm thinking maybe the non-Monark bikes got older parts.

Great thread with tons of info. From everything I have read and with help from others my bike is a '47.

monark.jpg

monark2.jpg

monark4.jpg

monark5.jpg

Anybody know what type of pedals I should have on the '47? Also in the original post it says that '47 has no horn in tank, but mine does (button on right side).

Anybody know what type of pedals I should have on the '47? Also in the original post it says that '47 has no horn in tank, but mine does (button on right side).
May Not be the Original '47 tank .... or maybe someone added it. I would

Maybe, but looks original. I am wondering because in the OP it says "Tank without horn?". Why the question mark? Or maybe just the horn was added? I am still looking for anybody who know what the original pedals would have been. Thanks!

Maybe, but looks original. I am wondering because in the OP it says "Tank without horn?". Why the question mark? Or maybe just the horn was added? I am still looking for anybody who know what the original pedals would have been. Thanks!
I found a pair of (boys) pedals once, that had the words MONARK embossed in the rubber parts, not sure what year those would have been. I would be very curious to learn what the correct pedal is for this bike.

I found a pair of (boys) pedals once, that had the words MONARK embossed in the rubber parts, not sure what year those would have been. I would be very curious to learn what the correct pedal is for this bike.
I have seen those pedals on ebay once or twice as well as on here once I think too. I don't know what bike or exactly what year but I do know they seem to be pretty rare and even in less than perfect conditions they're Not Cheap (in my opinion) so I would also like to know the facts of my favorite styled bike

Back