When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Super Cruiser-features by year

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I think this little girl might be going up for sale soon. Time for someone else to enjoy her and maybe do a nice Restoration. It's all original and all there. I won't part it out. I'd keep it before doing that.
I've never ridden the bike...only added it to my collection which I'm beginning to thin out. But, it would have to be picked up here on Long Island as I won't ship it.

fred

DSC01990.JPG

I think this little girl might be going up for sale soon. Time for someone else to enjoy her and maybe do a nice Restoration. It's all original and all there. I won't part it out. I'd keep it before doing that.
I've never ridden the bike...only added it to my collection which I'm beginning to thin out. But, it would have to be picked up here on Long Island as I won't ship it.

fred

View attachment 349045

Post it in the for sale section and see what happens. GLWTS. V/r Shawn

Elgin states that the 1952 model year was the first year for the top-mounted horn button yet I have seen multiple original 1951 Super Deluxe's and even late serial number 1950 models with the horn buttons located on top of the tank.

John L Polizzi's "The Monark Book (Revised July, 2012 edition)" states 1950 as the first year of the "horn button on top of tank", however it is likely Monark was continuing to use the older 1949 model tanks with side-mounted horn button for their ads. These 1949 tanks would have also featured the longer "Protecto-Guard" tank crash rails (which dipped down in front) and a logo design with the "Monark" name in front of the opening for the horn button. The design also had with two diagonal stripes - matching the design on the chain guard.

Now it's possible that Monark employees could have used the earlier tank design template on the later top-mounted horn button tanks since the medallion was located in the same spot as the '49's side-mounted horn button. Employees may have also continued to install the longer tank crash rails as well but as soon as stock was depleted, they would have began exclusively using the new tank design with the "Monark" name appearing behind the medallion, three diagonal stripes (Note: The chainguard still featured two diagonal stripes) and the new tank crash guard that did not dip down at the front. This tank design and crash rail combination seems to be ubiquitous on Super Deluxe's with serial numbers dating 1951 and after.

It would be great if owners of all original and unrestored 1949-1952 Monark Super Deluxe's could post images of their bikes along with the serial numbers so we can once and for all determine a rough time frame for when the company began installing tanks with top-mounted horn buttons - and whether that coincided with the newer logo design and shorter tank crash rails

- Avanti

Last edited:
Not to deviate from my other thread too much, but does anyone have any more info about the '46-'47 models? Were there any differences between them or were they basically the same? Seems like I'm finding more on the later ('48 and up) models, but there doesn't seem to be a lot out there on the earlier ones. The serial on mine is A0046118.

53 SD?
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/53-54-monark-super-deluxe.150294/

This was my grandad’s monark. And i’m thinking about painting it. I have a question about the rivets:
Are the fender rivets painted or not?
Chain guard rivets painted?
And the rear rack/carrier rivets painted or not?

Thanks in advance..
View attachment 977178
Just a thought for a better look in regards to the mudflaps. Mount them on the inside of the fender for a better look and functionality. Nice bike!

Back