When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Super Cruiser-features by year

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What about the Firestone orange/black color combo? What year is that? I might be purchasing 1 soon.

What about a photo? I realize that Monark made the "Super Cruiser" and other models for Firestone, but the above information is about Monark "Super Deluxe" bikes. They didn't always use the same features on the Firestone versions as they used on the Monarks. If you have a picture or two I might be able to provide some info.

so im new to this. picked up up a junker in the back of the bike shop for a deal when i was buying my wife her bike. cleaned it up and found it was a 52 schwinn world traveler(or something else no one can tell me definetively what). but either way my journey in classic bikes started there and now that ive been lookin around for a while i have come to the conclusion that these bikes with or without tank are the best lookin. so my question is, is what is this style called with the bar under top tube? and also not a rich man and would like to know the different models that look like these, especially the cheaper ones.

,,,,need orintation,,,hello,,,!! Will start a reconstruction of a MONARK,,, I WANT TO KNOW THE YEAR,,, I THINK THAT IS THE 45 OR 46 (4406,,, 03277365),,, head plate,,, silver (maybe ,,,was red )..,, frame is green with cream designs,,, similar to a PHAMTON,,, THANK YOU,,,

After studying this closer, I think it's an early '50 train light with the shorter fender and no air wing. Any help on IDing the correct pedals for this model would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi, First of all congratulations on the Monark purchase. I love the design of the Monark Super Deluxe models. This bike definitely came with whitewall tires when it was new. As far as I know the correct pedals have white rubbers with a metal bands that says "MONARK" along the endge and small round reflectors on the ends. The original pedals are fairly difficult to find, but they do come up on eBay from time to time. They usually go for $50 to $125 depending on condition. The Ladies' pedals are much easier to find than the Men's version. If you don't have the patience or the cash to get the correct ones, any 50's Ladies' pedals will look fine. They should not have reflectors on the edges and the should have 1/2" thread as opposed to 9/16". They should also be somewhat shorter than their male counterparts. The rubber portion should be approx 3-1/4" to 3-1/2" long. You should be able to pick up a decent set of old pedals for $5-$20 at a vintage bike show or slightly more for something on eBay. I hope this helps you. Good luck with you new bike! Elgin.

Monark Girls Pedals.JPG
Monark Girls Pedals 2.JPG

Thanks so much. BTW there was nothing left of the seat, would it have been tan colored or white?

Back