When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Super Cruiser-features by year

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
1950's Girls Monark Super Deluxe 1.JPG

Most likely the seat (by Lodbell Emery) was white but it also came in black, maroon, tan, blue and even a mottled tiger-stripe. After looking through my files I noticed a lot of those Ladies bike also came with black pedals. Elgin

here's a 1949 i think with a later model tank.this bike is restored.i paid $1500 for which i think was a good deal.

Attachments

• DSCN0008.jpg
    DSCN0008.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 505
  • mon1.jpg
    mon1.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 530
  • mon2.jpg
    mon2.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 539
  • mon3.jpg
    mon3.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 502
  • mon4.jpg
    mon4.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 472
Wow, great bike! I agree, I think you got a good deal, especially considering the way Monarks have increased in value in the last few years. I like you other toys too, is that a Mercury parked next to the Monark?

research

Outstanding research on the super cruisers!!!! Do you have, or know anybody with relevent information on monark roadsters? Salmon, black & white color? Thanks

I believe the SD's most commonly came with us royal chain whitewalls, short of that, I put NOS blackwall "chains" on mine.

I am left to wonder about seat color, which was noted a few posts up.
I really liked the burgundy Lobdell Emery saddle on mine, which was one of the tipping points for me to bid strong.
I don't believe this saddle was available to complement all red/burgundy bicycles throughout the years and also curious if this was the only alternate color to black or tan in a men's?
As far as the medallions go, Dave's is like mine, which is not really "jeweled" as I have held in my hands plastic medallions with a back color coating that are more like jewels that are referred to in advertisements, yet ours are clearly a metal with light embossing...a variation of year or by model, I don't know.

monark sd.jpg

monark sd.jpg

If I post some serial numbers can anyone help?

is there anyone here that can decode the serial numbers, I have like 3 Monark frames to find out what year they are.

Back