When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Super Deluxe girls bike strip job!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

slick

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Ok so I bought this Monark awhile back and sum idiot decided to do a rattle can resto on it in ugly blue of all things. I looked at it in the light up close and the hint of original raised pinstriping called out under that ugly blue paint so here we go! I tore down the whole bike and decided, what the heck, it couldn't get much worse right? So here are some pictures of it.
vbulletin
KGrHqUOKjsE6Rhsh1hzBOk1IlZng60_3.gif
KGrHqUOKpgE5Y37EZ35BOk1IiBqw60_3.gif
vbulletin

Here we go. With a LOT of patience and a LOT of time and a LOT of cocktails on long bored nights in the garage off I went to find the original mint green paint under all that blue. More pictures soon!
Photo118.gif

The original paint looks to be in pretty good shape. Great save I did that once took me a month to get all the old house paint off.

Looks like it's been well worth the effort freeing up the original paint job and pin striping to see the light of day again. That crashrail seat is in very nice original condition! Hope to see pics of her all back together in her original livery.

Dave

Thanks for the comments guys! I saved another one!!! I just need to throw a new chain on her and she's done. I rebuilt both hubs and the bottom bracket. I listed her up for sale in the for sale section. I'd like to see her getting loved again by a girl and of course getting ridden. I think you guys will enjoy the results. It looks like the old owner tried to sand off the paint in numerous areas on the frame then gave up and decided to just paint over all of it.
vbulletin
vbulletin
vbulletin
vbulletin
vbulletin
vbulletin
vbulletin

Lots and lots and lots of hours! Used a chemical called Tulane i got from a friend and scrubbed the paint with a red scotchbrite pad lightly which in an essence scratches the original paint also. So you have to keep close watch on how much is coming off, then buffed the green paint off the get the mild scratching out and bring back the shine. LOTS OF MAN HOURS!!! But the result is better than the ugly blue.

Back