When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monark Trophy orphan bike......

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

olddaddy

On Training Wheels
Good Morning! This is my first post after signing up this morning. I have a bike in my shop that I am told may be a late 40s Monark Trophy. It's an orphan in my shop, I'm a Schwinn and Raleigh guy. I would like to learn more about it and get it into the hands of someone who likes this brand of bike. I have too many projects to add another. My main project at present is paying off my mortgage so I can retire! So, what can you tell me about it?
IMG_1298.JPG
IMG_1300.JPG

Stem is wrong/on backwards, guard is likely wrong, and its been house painted. There may be a data plate underneath the bottom bracket with a serial to date it. My guess mid 50s base model=not much money. This is more like a dinner at Applebees than reducing a mortgage. V/r Shawn

I did have a look at the ID plate and it is barely legible. It appears to read:
Model: 2009
Serial: A0615658
I had no illusion that it was a rare, collectible, highly valuable piece......just an old bike that landed in my shop and needs another home.

I did have a look at the i.d. plate and it is barely legible. It appears to read:
Model: 2009
Serial: A0615658
I had no illusion that it was a rare, collectible, highly valuable piece......just an old bike that landed in my shop and needs another home.
I believe that is a '49 serial number. V/r Shawn

Good Morning! This is my first post after signing up this morning. I have a bike in my shop that I am told may be a late 40s Monark Trophy. It's an orphan in my shop, I'm a Schwinn and Raleigh guy. I would like to learn more about it and get it into the hands of someone who likes this brand of bike. I have too many projects to add another. My main project at present is paying off my mortgage so I can retire! So, what can you tell me about it?View attachment 789662 View attachment 789663
I BOUGHT THIS BIKE LAST SUMMER AND IT RIDES AMAZING!!!!! I don't care if it's the base model, it gives me a great workout every day and the seat is very comfortable. It's a 49 model according to the serial number. I got it for 100 bucks and I use the tall gearing to sprint the trails to get my cardio up before I get into the air force on January 21st! I cannot believe I found a thread on my EXACT bike, LOL.

I put new rims on it and have the originals hung up in my shop for later, hooked it up with retro runner white walls with a nice tall sidewall & linear tread to give it a quiet ride, literally all you hear on this thing is the chain rolling when you're on this thing, I still need some period correct grips so I don't kick myself for destroying the originals in order to rotate the neck.

Screenshot_20191105-015750_Gallery.jpg

20190917_091332.jpg

Back