When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monroe (Ann Arbor) THANKS Paul & Ann & Crew and Congrats!

-
Just wanted to take a minute to express my sincere appreciation to Paul and Ann Kleppert and everyone else who is or has been involved with the Ann Arbor and now the Monroe Bicycle show and swap.

This is an event I have participated in for over 20 years now and always look forward to. Being a show owner/promoter myself, I know what it takes and how much goes on behind the scenes. As Paul and Ann step aside, it is my hope that everyone takes a minute to thank them and acknowledge their dedication, and for allowing us all to be a part of a truly outstanding event.

Wishing them the very best in the future and as always, hope the future is happy, healthy and bright for both of you and all of your awesome crew.

And of course...Congratulations!

Bashton
Step aside? Someone else is taking it over?

Here’s another take on the venue change. It rained Saturday night. There were a few soft spots but I didn’t see a lick of standing water at Monroe. In AA it would have been everywhere. Monroe has pavement and newer buildings. Cleaner buildings too. The vendor spots were 3-4 times as big at Monroe as AA and there was plenty of room to expand if needed. Restrooms were more updated and more of them. I saw fair staff actively cleaning them throughout the day. That meant a lot that the fair board was invested in ensuring we had a good show. I never saw that in AA. 100% Monroe was a better venue and made for a better show.

I thought the show bike area could have been bigger though. It seemed a bit cramped and not all were able to really fit in to be displayed easily.

A Really Big "THANK YOU" to Paul & Annie and an even Bigger "Thank You" for their years of keeping this Growing !
The 40th Year at a New and Improved Venue, for those that missed it, it was HUGE !
Next Year will be different without Paul & Annie's leadership but the new leader in charge Nick Avina should have no problem keeping it Growing ! ,,, as he is a seasoned veteran of running Swap Meets.

We have addressed the problem with the Show Area "size" and next year it will be improved, keep in mind there has not been a "SHOW" in two years and we were amazed at the turnout.

Looking Forward to Next Year ! ... Even Bigger & Better !

Am I missing the thread that show images from this event? Thanks
I started a Saturday thread but I don't think anyone did it for Sunday. We all lost steam. It is exhausting getting heaps of messages from folks asking prices on bikes and parts. I am just posting pictures of cool things to entertain the folks across the country; I enjoy seeing swaps pictures others post so just trying to give back. With 99% of the stuff I post, I have no idea how much it costs or who owns it. It is not cool when the folks at home expect the people who post images to be their personal swap concierge...

I started a Saturday thread but I don't think anyone did it for Sunday. We all lost steam. It is exhausting getting heaps of messages from folks asking prices on bikes and parts. I am just posting pictures of cool things to entertain the folks across the country; I enjoy seeing swaps pictures others post so just trying to give back. With 99% of the stuff I post, I have no idea how much it costs or who owns it. It is not cool when the folks at home expect the people who post images to be their personal swap concierge...
This is why I no longer post pics the day of because the same thing would happen with my phone blowing up about stuff long gone or me being the middleman in a deal. V/r Shawn

Back