When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monroe (Ann Arbor) THANKS Paul & Ann & Crew and Congrats!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here’s another take on the venue change. It rained Saturday night. There were a few soft spots but I didn’t see a lick of standing water at Monroe. In AA it would have been everywhere. Monroe has pavement and newer buildings. Cleaner buildings too. The vendor spots were 3-4 times as big at Monroe as AA and there was plenty of room to expand if needed. Restrooms were more updated and more of them. I saw fair staff actively cleaning them throughout the day. That meant a lot that the fair board was invested in ensuring we had a good show. I never saw that in AA. 100% Monroe was a better venue and made for a better show.

I thought the show bike area could have been bigger though. It seemed a bit cramped and not all were able to really fit in to be displayed easily.

Definitely addressing the show bike area for next year. PK
Thanks Paul for everything you and Annie do. The show was fabulous and I love the new venue!
Not to be negative but maybe consider some fresh blood as judges for the bikes? Some great bikes took prizes but it is sad to see shiny-flash win over authenticity.

Last edited:
Thanks Paul for everything you and Annie do. The show was fabulous and I love the new venue!
Not to be negative but maybe consider some fresh blood as judges for the bikes? Some great bikes took prizes but it is sad to see shiny-flash win over authenticity.
Are you referring to the Classic Bicycle Award ?, because Show Bicycles are peoples choice.

The CBY averages about 6-8 judges each year.

If you have a Classic entered in the CBY, then you can't be a judge for that year, so the judges are not always the same.

Personally, I never know who the judges are and it's best I don't know. I do however, truly enjoy presenting the awards.

Since our inception of CBY in 1998, to encourage collectors to present rare bicycles that most people would NEVER see, the entry fee is still only $10

Usually there's an average of maybe 10 bicycles entered in CBY.

So Annie and I have personally contributed over $15,000 in awards just so we and thousands of collectors could see these incredible bikes in person.

I've judged before but I usually have a bike entered so that takes me out most years. Like Paul said bikes you would never see before. Among the entrants this year were an 1898 Schwinn (me), the shaft drive Robin which won best preserved, the nearly mint '40 Ranger, the best known dual suspension Comet (Monark Five Bar), a nicely restored Monark Wingbar, I believe a restored Miss America, a really nice original '41 Autocycle, and the somewhat controversial restored Harley Davidson and others. Visit Paul's website for a virtual bicycle who's who of previous entrants/winners. V/r Shawn

Back