When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Montgomery Ward foldable vintage bike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Brad Willis

On Training Wheels
1562534B-BD2E-4182-9281-842169086829.jpeg
89F2E6D0-D54E-4BE5-8624-E71BB668BFC2.jpeg
404BD6D9-E464-4887-B181-A7BE3DC357AB.jpeg
CA40220C-1927-48F6-B2D7-58C07B3FBE29.jpeg
Came across a dude that made me think of someone I’d seen on American Pickers! Had it all and I scored pretty good I’d say.

In finding him, I found these two bikes and know absolutely nothing about them. I’ve tried doing some research and can’t find anything like em. Does anyone have some insight? Worth, where I can find more info, etc.

Looks like a knock off of a Sears Tote Cycle which looks like this. Might even have been made in the same place. The Tote cycle was built from about 1965 to 1976 by a couple of maufacturers including Huffy. Roger

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

I think that's called a "Mustang" , can't remember the manufacturer right offhand , maybe Rollfast

I think that's called a "Mustang" , can't remember the manufacturer right offhand , maybe Rollfast
I did a quick search and it was Rollfast who made them , most were called "Mustang" but they also made one called "Park-away" that had a slightly differant chainguard

Do you think these have any type of worth behind them? I saw knock off and get a little hesitant but for being so old and in decent condition, i couldn’t imagine someone wouldn’t be interested

Or why it would have a Montgomery award/Hawthorn sticker on it? Is this something frequently seen with vintage bikes?

Or why it would have a Montgomery award/Hawthorn sticker on it? Is this something frequently seen with vintage bikes?
Hawthorne was the Montgomery Ward store brand. They bought bikes from lots of different makers over the years but sold them all as "Hawthorne." Sears did the same thing, using "J.C. Higgins" as the store brand up until about 1960 and then "Sears" after that. But neither Sears or Montgomery Ward ever built any bicycles.

Do you think these have any type of worth behind them? I saw knock off and get a little hesitant but for being so old and in decent condition, i couldn’t imagine someone wouldn’t be interested
They do not bring exceptionally high money but are well made and there are people that do like them , they are not a "knock off" , just a different branding but still made by Rollfast

Thanks for everyone’s input! I definitely appreciate the info and please send anyone my way that would be interested

Back