When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moon Rocket 88

-
While trying to decide on which graphics to go with I thought a mockup with the yellow sheet metal parts might help me to get the bigger picture.

Well, it didn't! It just wasn't flowing right for me with the black fenders.

After staring at it a few days I decided it either had too much yellow, or not enough. Then, what the hell, go for it. Off with the fenders. More Yellow!

That's a lot of yellow, but it is a Mooneyes theme! And Mooneyes = Yellow!

Now, happier with the overall flow of the basic bike, back to the graphics. And thanks for all the help and feedback, I decided to go with Judd's suggestion and try the split theme.

The rain finally stopped yesterday, and it got warm enough to get the chainguard clear coated. Added pedals and got it outside for pictures before getting dark.
Now just hoping it dries up enough in the next couple days so I can get out and test ride it. I know this one wasn't very Classic or Antique, but it was a fun Kustom. Thanks for following along!

You made the right choice by painting the fenders yellow . That made a huge difference ! Sometimes it takes a little contemplation.................even over a few days for the "Solution" to come into focus when your creating something. Your bike is looking really good. 🤓 Looking forward to the details of the 1st ride. Thanks again for sharing the story/pictures. 👍

Awesome work. Enjoyed going through the build. I have a few of those nexus 7 and love em. I find the roller brake
one doesn’t spin as well as the coaster ones. What’s your one like?

Awesome work. Enjoyed going through the build. I have a few of those nexus 7 and love em. I find the roller brake
one doesn’t spin as well as the coaster ones. What’s your one like?
I have 2 coaster brake Nexus 7's, this is my first roller brake version. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet to make any comparisons, but it seems to spin very freely and work well on the stand. I think I am more worried about the quality of the braking ability than the spin. I have had a few rear disk brake setups that weren't to impressive. Hoping this will be better. Will report, once I get to ride it.

Back