When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moral question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
14F89623-C624-480E-A942-C07A0A665CBB.jpeg

Last edited:
Without mentioning a price, let the seller know, that if the buyer decides to pass on the deal, that you're interested in buying the bike.
That way, he knows that he doesn't have to accept less than his asking price, and it still leaves it up to the potential buyer whether the deal gets consummated or not.
Usually, the seller lets the original buyer know, that he's got other interested prospects, and the og buyer ponies up, and the deal goes through.
Sometimes you get the call.
If you get the call, then I feel like you're obligated to follow through, and purchase the item though.

im in minnesota,i made an offer on a original clipperperson i talked with was selling it for an estate,the seller called back said he was happy with my offer,the next call was suppose to be time and directions to pick the bike up,it was 60 miles north of me,the next call i got was someone called and said the bike was worth more money,it set up a bidding war,the persone who got the bike does these kind of things all the time but is the biggest crier about the guy who parts all the bikes,some ppl have high morals untill money gets in the way,they operate a collector bike[shady] bussiness they are not hobbiests as they portray them sevels as,the bike did sell out of mn so most of you know who im talkin about,i dislike bottom feeders

Not related to bikes but...I collect guitars and of course space for storage is always a premium. I mentioned this to a bunch of my music friends and one of them offered a guitar stand for 5 guitars. NICE, I thanked him and said I would take it. Right away one of the other guys said how about giving it to Carl (his son)! I couldn't believe he did that! He concerns himself with himself.... I would rather have a good reputation

This why a price is always needed on this board. For some reason "OBO" = an offer lower than asking after the item has sat around a bit.

As far as background offers and such, shady and unscrupulous. Also a reason why comments should not be allowed on the classifieds section.

He did put an "OBO" in the price.... doesn't mean you can't offer more right? I can't do it though, because I've been on the other side of the coin too many times
Haha. Never looked at obo like that before. But ya I feel you on the other part. Deals a deal, gotta be faster next time I guess

Back